11 Feb Add Some Excitement to Your Holiday Party with These Maple Whiskey Cupcakes!
Maple Whiskey Cupcakes with a Maple Whiskey Drizzle
For the Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbs Ski’s Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Milk
For the Maple Whiskey Drizzle
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Ski’s Whiskey Maple Syrup (Bourbon, Rye or Rum)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
For the Buttercream Frosting
- 1 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Ski’s Whiskey Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (as much as needed to get correct consistency)
To Make the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix just to incorporate.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the wet mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add the Maple Syrup and milk until just combined.
- Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners and divide batter evenly into cups; approximately 2/3 full for each cup.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes; test with a toothpick; the top will be firm so make sure the inside is cooked through.
- Cool completely on a wire cake cooling rack before frosting.
To Make the Maple Whiskey Drizzle:
- Add all ingredients together in a small pan, bring to a boil and boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool before drizzling on cupcakes.
To Make the Buttercream Frosting:
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Add the vanilla and Whiskey Maple Syrup. Combine thoroughly.
- Add the cream a Tbsp at a time until your frosting is very light and fluffy and the correct consistency.
- Using a large serrated icing tip, pipe the frosting onto cupcakes.
- Garnish with the Whiskey Maple Syrup Drizzle